MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheer me up, Mou.

+6
to3phu
Skotlex
Fruit Pie~
Vitriol
losikcz
Soba Noodles
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cheer me up, Mou. - Page 3 Empty Re: Cheer me up, Mou.

Post by Skotlex 12/8/2013, 00:32

Loki wrote:
Skotlex wrote:You were the reason forum signatures were removed in the first place, Vitriol <_< You and your huge signatures which I couldn't limit in size ;_;
 Lolwut and he still roams free. 

Ohai btw
 It turns out that Vitriol knows how to behave him/her/itself as long as you threaten him/her/it with the ban-hammer. I've been too lenient/lazy/careless to realize that before T_T;

Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 12/8/2013, 00:39

He's not behaving himself. He's just being subtle. Look hard enough and he's still the same old Vitriol, just taking a different approach.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 12/8/2013, 04:02

Cue the "you're a goddamn idiot" quote

Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 12/8/2013, 04:29

Fruit Pie~ wrote:He's not behaving himself. He's just being subtle. Look hard enough and he's still the same old Vitriol, just taking a different approach.
 Subtle? Well that's  an interesting way to see it.

The way I see it, I just went from fisting skot's ass to sticking my tongue up his crack. tongue 

But no, not entirely subtle.
Vitriol
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 12/8/2013, 04:33

Hey skot, DID YOU GET THAT MENTAL IMAGE IN YOUR HEAD Question Question Question
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 12/8/2013, 04:50

some visual aids in case you didn't:

Cheer me up, Mou. - Page 3 Tumblr_mqptr5A8lu1qm5qqfo1_1280
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 12/8/2013, 14:41

<_<"

Well, behaving in the sense that he hasn't done anything worth banning over for. Just being subtly ... trollish, I suppose.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 12/8/2013, 17:19

Fruit Pie~ wrote:You're a goddamn idiot, you know that?
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 12/8/2013, 17:53

Hurts to see this...
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 12/8/2013, 21:25

So he's still the same! And you know it! Threats did nothing but change his wording around a bit, but the meaning of what he's saying is the same.

Also, you said "him/her/it" and that you were "lenient/lazy/careless", which implies respectiveness - as in, if Vitriol is a man, you were lenient. If Vitriol is a woman, you were lazy. If Vitriol is a pine cone, you were careless.

It's all wrong! ALL WRONG!

Fruit Pie~ wrote:You're a goddamn idiot, you know that?

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 13/8/2013, 02:49

Fruit Pie~ wrote:Also, you said "him/her/it" and that you were "lenient/lazy/careless", which implies respectiveness - as in, if Vitriol is a man, you were lenient. If Vitriol is a woman, you were lazy. If Vitriol is a pine cone, you were careless.
 If Vitriol is a vibrator, then he's all yours, right fruit? Embarassed
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 15/8/2013, 16:21

No Fruit... it wasn't supposed to be a direct 1-on-1 relation, more like, the first trio is "whatever Vitriol portends to be" while the second is "perhaps a combination of these factors most likely lead to this result."

Does it really imply respective-ness if the words "respectively" are not appended to the text? Usually such an usage needs be explicitly written down.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 15/8/2013, 20:53

Nothing in language is exclusively explicit. Everything can be implied, really! Even if by accident.

It's really more the use of non-standard separators together with the same number of words in both lists that leads to the illusion that the two trios were related. Your intent does remove that from the picture now that you've stated it, but as it was, it could be anything.

That's the beauty of English - and language in general : you can always look at it from another point of view and find alternate meanings to whatever is written, especially when it's written so vaguely as a short forum post. Of course your word on what you meant trumps all, but it remains as an interesting exercise.

And then some assholes from TVTropes or Reddit or whatever bunch of pseudo-intellectual fucks will call me out on death of the author and that interpretation is more important than intent, but those guys can go die horribly and painfully.

EDIT : Doesn't help that there's a third trio written in a similar style in the same sentence, and it IS related!

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 17/8/2013, 15:39

The first two were the same, the third was unrelated Razz But I see what you mean.

I am not sure that kind of vagueness is the beauty of a language... sure, it's wonderful for writers and poets who like playing with the language and doing some jedi-mind-tricks their audience and their interpretation of it, but for the lay person, for normal conversation, this vagueness lends itself to all sorts of misunderstandings, from which all sorts of conflicts arise. And that's not real pretty... people need to step back and asking for clarification to fix these misunderstandings, but usually, what happens instead is that they just start throwing tomatoes as they assume their interpretation was correct Wah
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 22/8/2013, 22:08

neeeeeeeeerrrrrrds
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum