MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheer me up, Mou.

+6
to3phu
Skotlex
Fruit Pie~
Vitriol
losikcz
Soba Noodles
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cheer me up, Mou. Empty Cheer me up, Mou.

Post by Soba Noodles 12/7/2013, 08:53

Feeling sort of uninspired today, give me some quotes that will make me take charge of life again.
Soba Noodles
Soba Noodles

Back to top Go down

Cheer me up, Mou. Empty Re: Cheer me up, Mou.

Post by Soba Noodles 12/7/2013, 08:56

Soba Noodles
Soba Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Soba Noodles 12/7/2013, 08:56

Soba Noodles
Soba Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by losikcz 12/7/2013, 09:52

Deadpool, bang, babes, mayhem!

losikcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 12/7/2013, 17:08

are you fishing for gratitude and compliments?

drop dead, bitch!

you have terrible colour coordination, your hair looks like shit, and that crown just screams "look at me i'm speshul goddamit"
you are not a princess honey, you are a leper wearing a digital crown and a real ugly-mug.
Vitriol
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by Soba Noodles 12/7/2013, 22:27

losikcz wrote:Deadpool, bang, babes, mayhem!

Mayheeeeeeeem! *boom* Ty man.

@vitriol: The people who needed my guide already thanked me in the thread and people were already awed by the botaring. All I needed was to be cheered up, which I was with the funny trailer which bender quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCJZf8CkoYA

In conclusion, your comments (as always) were completely off-topic, derailing and unnecessary.
Soba Noodles
Soba Noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 13/7/2013, 02:06

Soba Noodles wrote:This whole trainwreck.
Vitriol's post is sort of understandable as a long-winded, rude and stupid (so basically Vitriol) way of calling you out on being an attention whore. I'd say this is a wholly reasonable proposal given the continued (and baffling) existence of this thread, but I've already agreed with Vit once this year. Quota's met. Twice would be too much.

EDIT : When I'm down and uninspired and sad and depressed, I know exactly what cheers me up! Check out these sick bass drops!

You're so welcome.

Last edited by Fruit Pie~ on 13/7/2013, 02:11; edited 1 time in total

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 13/7/2013, 02:08

Soba Noodles wrote:
losikcz wrote:Deadpool, bang, babes, mayhem!

Mayheeeeeeeem! *boom* Ty man.

@vitriol: The people who needed my guide already thanked me in the thread and people were already awed by the botaring. All I needed was to be cheered up, which I was with the funny trailer which bender quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCJZf8CkoYA

In conclusion, your comments (as always) were completely off-topic, derailing and unnecessary.

completely off-topic, derailing and unnecessary?

how dare you! my comments are cruel, unusual, and mean-spirited! I resent this gross misrepresentation of my comments. though I will forgive you, seeing as how those words are obviously beyond your meager vocabulary.
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 13/7/2013, 02:20

Fruit Pie~ wrote:
calling you out on being an attention whore.

that's right beeyotch. this forum only needs one attention whore and you ain't qualified!
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 13/7/2013, 02:42

oh look! it's soba noodles and her bloataring!

Cheer me up, Mou. 120807b_honey_boo_boo
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 13/7/2013, 02:44

just kidding, honey boo boo has more pizzazz and chutzpah than you ever will, cheap imitation princess
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 15/7/2013, 17:08

Hmm.... I think being mean and intentionally hurtful isn't in the rules. They are, now.

If rather than constructive criticism, you prefer to just trash-talk people, then you aren't welcome here, Vitriol. Consider this a warning since such behaviour wasn't explicitly written in the rules.

But then again, "behaving like a well-meaning human being" should sort of be a expected rule everywhere one goes.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 15/7/2013, 20:39

GIVE ME MAH POWER BACK!! Once tasted the forbidden fruit one cannot simply GO BACK!!
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 15/7/2013, 21:14

Skotlex wrote:Hmm.... I think being mean and intentionally hurtful isn't in the rules. They are, now.

If rather than constructive criticism, you prefer to just trash-talk people, then you aren't welcome here, Vitriol. Consider this a warning since such behaviour wasn't explicitly written in the rules.

But then again, "behaving like a well-meaning human being" should sort of be a expected rule everywhere one goes.
Sometimes I wonder if you do this to spite us.

Ban him you fuck.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 16/7/2013, 04:40

yeah, you goddamn fuck!
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 16/7/2013, 15:44

Well, that escalated quickly. Have a nice ban, you two :B

I couldn't ban people for being obnoxious before because it wasn't in the rules. I can, now. I was wondering how long Vitriol would last before getting banned again, but I had no idea somebody else would take the initiative.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Failure 17/7/2013, 14:51

Cheer me up, Mou. Iugg5a1
You are a complete joke of an administrator and should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.  I know children, actual children of single-digit age, who are better at decision-making than you are, and also happen to be more mature about it.  If MouRO was a server worth anything at this point, this would be worth a Hall of Shame post on RMS.

All Fruit ever wanted you to do was ban a proven-to-be obnoxious forum poster who repeatedly made worthless posts, even by your own admission.  Instead, you never banned them because ___________ (fill in your reason here, although I'm pretty sure there isn't any).  Your repeated failure to do this for MONTHS at a time, even when you yourself occasionally complained or remarked about Vitriol, was an endless source of frustration to watch.

Actually, here's the reason you never banned Vitriol before: "Being mean and intentionally hurtful isn't in the rules".  Are you joking?  Did you even re-read what you typed there before you posted it?  You straight-up said it's okay for people to be intentionally hurtful on these forums.  Is that seriously what you expect out of MouRO?  Is that a policy you live by in real life, where if it's not written "don't be hurtful" it's okay for you to be that?  You would think a rule like that would fall under something like common sense, being a decent person, or not wanting unlikable people to be in your community, but once again you disappoint and embarrass.

Once you finally codified the rules of "be a decent person" that anyone else anywhere else in the world would simply innately know, you immediately ban Fruit, who just asked you to do what everyone has wanted you to do, and asked you to do, for months, MONTHS now in a lost-my-patience manner, and Vitriol (at last).

You have no idea how to manage a community of ~5 people.  That's sad.  That's really, truly sad.

Failure

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 17/7/2013, 17:50

Fruit didn't have to react in an offensive manner, even if she believed to have reason to do so.

It may seem to be a strange world if my stance is that I shouldn't be able to ban people for not being decent human beings since it wasn't explicitly set in the rules, but unfortunately, from my point of view, that's how things work around in the internet. If it isn't explicitly set in the rules, somebody will inevitable cry foul, no matter how much they "deserved" the punishment.

I admit I should have stepped in earlier, and I've been too lenient with Vitriol, to the point that other users have become exasperated with him. However, my failure was really in not realizing that the other people here were truly annoyed by him (rather than just amused at his weird-self). Sadly, such manifestation of frustration didn't become evident to me until after said behaviour was explicitly made bannable.

It's ironic. And it should had been dealt with in a better way, long, long ago. But it wasn't, and I can't but work with the present and try to avoid such things from happening again.

It is sad. And I do apologize that things went awry like that. But apologies alone fix nothing, so I'll just have to try and be a more proper moderator in the near future.

By the way, I never asked/wanted to be a moderator, it's just that nobody else who stepped up to the plate remained around to take care of that role. I don't particularly feel bad for failing at a role I never wanted to take. Would you want to take on that role, Failure? Certainly these forums could be better ran if we had a moderator with the drive to perform that job.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 17/7/2013, 19:49

I already volunteer. Then again not too much to mod now.
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 17/7/2013, 20:55

Oh boy, here we go.

You know, I guess I kind of deserve it. I asked you to take action for like the last year or so, and you did : you banned me. The reason?

http://somewhat.crappyfiles.com/incompetentBuffoon.png

I was too impatient for your tastes. Too impatient! That's not even a rule breach! That's not IN THE RULES AT ALL! But I guess I'm an acceptable target all of a sudden because, I dunno, I've called you out on your bullshit.

And you do have bullshit to be called out on - you deleted the MouRO trunk with no backup, no failsafe, no version control (which only means the market for IT professionals in Ecuador is hurting like hell and I should get my visa soon), you've refused to let anyone help you with your server stuff multiple times, you've let Vitriol AND Hydro run rampant for the last three years and destroy one incarnation of these very forums and, of course, in my stay here you've promoted to moderator a biased asshole with an obvious agenda and a whore who wished nothing but to redirect your server's paltry population to a Renewal piece of shit.

Yet at the end of the day, I stand before the guillotine. Now that's fair. Oh, but wait, you didn't ask to be a moderator/admin, that surely means nothing is your fault, right? Well, here's the deal : you don't want to be an admin, you close your RO server (where you're an admin) down. We can even call it a "mercy kill" instead of a closure, because God knows it's got a foot in the grave already.

I hope you don't, though. Your hijinks never cease to amuse me (even more than Vitriol's weird-self). By all means, continue to blow my mind.

EDIT : Nevermind, you did have a backup. An accidental backup, apparently. My point stands, even if you've got the luck of fools.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 18/7/2013, 03:15

I do owe an apology for the way things turned out, Fruit. I tend to be way too lenient, and my memory way too frail. That's how I forget that Vitriol isn't just "an amusing fool that sometimes crosses the line into the bizarre," and that sometimes he has also been intentionally rude towards other people. Disrespect and rudeness really should not go unchecked, and right now I don't even know why I didn't take action before (did I consider it "too late" to act by the time I noticed the transgression? Or was it just laziness? Both?).

I won't deny my part of the blame in failing to react better to his transgressions. That this duty has fallen upon me despite not wanting it isn't an excuse to slack. Though, it's true that performance cannot be expected to be so stellar where one lacks motivation.

Scerez was a strange case, I knew her quite well for some time (we used to chat online a lot). She was "one of the gang," as the saying would go. And it's strange that one day she'd turn on everybody as she did, and spent a whole day destroying her reputation. In all the time I knew her, there was absolutely no sign that things would become like this. You can blame me for not knowing her better, but who did, then? Who could have foretold things would have turned that way? For a time I even had her work on the code, and I was teaching her how to implement patches for the server, which I reviewed before adding. It wouldn't had been any different if Macros or BulbaSteve had done the same. They were all people I thought I knew, and there was nobody else I could rely on (the original friends with whom I started the server were all long-gone by then).

I banned you for being rude, not for being impatient. I consider it complete irony that just the day I decide to move on and apply some rules so I can have some firm ground to ban inappropriate behaviour, somebody else other than the intended target would go ahead and break them before. Vitriol also got banned for the same reason, though he got a longer sentence due to his already earned reputation. I fully expect him to earn himself soon a year-long ban if he doesn't change.

By the way, which is the moderator which is a "biased asshole with an obvious agenda?" I can't even guess who might that be (maybe I just forgot...).

Finally, I think there's a big distinction to make between the different roles that I have to take on. One thing is to be a forum moderator, another would be to be a server GM, yet another would be to be the administrator of the server and a final one to be the coder/tester. Of all those roles, I don't mind the last two, it is the first two which I tried to avoid. I didn't even made the original forums, they were created and run by a player who actually had enough interest to do so (Lord Galcian). For the first year or so, I wasn't even a moderator in the server's forums.

PS: As for the backup, I make weekly backup of my systems. It's just that the moment I accidentally wiped the rAthena partial migration, and I realized I had done that, I was too frustrated to remember I had it all backed up. See above regarding my generally bad memory... :s

EDIT: You did, Tofu? I don't remember O_o; Want to be a mod? And... to everybody else reading here, anybody has a reason/objection to Tofu becoming a mod?
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 18/7/2013, 06:57

bounce
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 19/7/2013, 03:30

No objection, actually please do that annoying job for us. Good luck.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 20/7/2013, 00:46

congratulations tofu! you've found your true calling in life. i'm honoured to have given your pitiful life such great meaning

Cheer me up, Mou. Tumblr_mlym4arOvY1r10pkdo1_400
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 20/7/2013, 01:52

ooh look! walls of text~
the mark of a successful troll...

but really, relax skot. its not like i've offended anybody but fruit under her multiple accounts (and possibly tofu). sometimes i worry about you honey; you are too easy to manipulate.
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum