MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One hundred thousand posts!!

+19
Hochsin
serveriskill?
khuongduy004
Jammyhammy
Soba Noodles
Bard
Rydier
Valeric
Rogem
Violentcupcakes
D4edalus
Fruit Pie~
Hydrocortizone
Evaunit
to3phu
Loki
Skotlex
Lothar Axe
Stonechimes
23 posters

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

One hundred thousand posts!! - Page 31 Empty Re: One hundred thousand posts!!

Post by Vitriol 5/1/2014, 00:56

One hundred thousand posts!! - Page 31 Tumblr_mpee4uJVwt1qes31ho1_250One hundred thousand posts!! - Page 31 Tumblr_mpee4uJVwt1qes31ho2_250

Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 5/1/2014, 13:27

>implying that he wasn't ape-crazy to begin with.

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki 6/1/2014, 13:41

Yeh, guess that's an understatement

Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 6/1/2014, 21:36

[ just asking, in vanilla RO rogues + merchants were awesome to make money early on ]
[ are they still awesome for that purpose? Or I am better off trying to make money with something else? ]

[ 260 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 7/1/2014, 15:03

Selling at overcharged prices always help, perhaps even more here where you can get random pricey drops early on.

Now, I really wish I could figure out why carts are not working T_T I've been spending like, three mornings now, and I am not one step closer to solving this riddle D:

I am hoping this bug is related to why homunculus aren't attacking. I think some packet the server sends is telling the client that the area is no-vending-no-attacking...but I haven't figured it out yet.

For now I am going slowly over packet traces sent from MouRO versus rAthena Trunk (where the latter does work) but.. nothing so far. This is so tiring ;_;

Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 7/1/2014, 23:36

[ good luck i/ ]

[ 258 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 8/1/2014, 01:10

bombxhead wrote:[ just asking, in vanilla RO rogues + merchants were awesome to make money early on ]
[ are they still awesome for that purpose? Or I am better off trying to make money with something else? ]

[ 260 ]
You're implying that combo was ever awesome in vanilla. Rogues have low HP, low damage and the gank skill isn't worth it in the long run compared to simply killing faster. Thieves in general are very bad without good items, and by the time you do have those you don't need the cash, right? Leveling a Merch to OC 10 is always good, though, just pair it with an actual class.

But I'm getting distracted by that. Eh. About MouRO, I've had the best luck with a maxed out LUK (no pun intended) High Priest. Mob, pop Gloria, drop ME, cash in.

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 8/1/2014, 10:25

[ huh ]
[ I dunno, I never had a problem with thieves in vanilla, even without equipment ]
[ In fact, I never really felt any need for getting any equipment before and now they have reasonably good equipment. For free, even. With said equipment, it was easy to get quite "high" [pre-reborn] leveled and was able to solo in places that gave a good amount of money. Leveling the merchant was a pain, though ]

[ but anyway, would the FULL LUK work with a almost gearless character? I do have my gear and all, but they are beyond craplike. [also, would I need a card to not get interrupted while casting?] ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 8/1/2014, 10:30

LUK gear is surprisingly cheap. Invest in a Phen early on - you don't need ME until you get it. You can coast by on Holy Light just fine. Hell, if you want, go without. I think LUK reduces cast time break chance.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 8/1/2014, 11:35

[ ok, thanks i/ ]
[ *testing* ]

[ 254 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 8/1/2014, 15:18

Skotlex wrote:Selling at overcharged prices always help, perhaps even more here where you can get random pricey drops early on.

Now, I really wish I could figure out why carts are not working T_T I've been spending like, three mornings now, and I am not one step closer to solving this riddle D:

I am hoping this bug is related to why homunculus aren't attacking. I think some packet the server sends is telling the client that the area is no-vending-no-attacking...but I haven't figured it out yet.

For now I am going slowly over packet traces sent from MouRO versus rAthena Trunk (where the latter does work) but.. nothing so far. This is so tiring ;_;

have you ever considered that rathena was sabotaged by another server admin?  Idea
Vitriol
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 8/1/2014, 15:29

You might mean eAthena, there. It's just outdated.... and importing features from rAthena has turned out to have a bunch of side effects :/

Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 8/1/2014, 20:35

On a related note, I know o/ is some guy lifting his arm in a high five kind of thing, but what on Earth is i/? If you go by what o/ is, then i/ is a guy with an erect penis, is that correct? ._.

Also, among regular 1sts, Thieves, Swordies and Merchies are all equipment reliant - casters can go by with nothing but a NPC Rod for the longest time, Archers just need offensive power and not defense.

Of the three melees, Swordies do the most damage ungeared, are relatively inexpensive in terms of SP to spam attacks and have by far the highest HP. Thieves are a distant second in all regards and Merchants suck to level until you reach Creator or Mechanic (poor WSes never had a chance).

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 8/1/2014, 21:47

[ actually, it's supposed to be either the same as "o/" or a stickman kicking upwards. Dunno which one you'll prefer. I have this thing were I pick up people's errors and turn it into something that I use permanently [as you can guess, someone misstyped "o/"] ]
[ also, the build worked fine up to now, thanks again i/ ]

[250 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 9/1/2014, 00:40

i'm gonna go with "erect penis" i/ back atcha bombhead
swordfight!
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 9/1/2014, 00:54

[ you didn't need to fuel vitriol . . . . oh well, guess it's too late to say that. ]

[ 249 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 12/1/2014, 04:30

[ for some random reason, I still got cast interrupted even with phen every now and then. I'm pretty sure the monsters I was killing didn't have spell breaker, but anyway . . . . I'm just using a eddga card [wish I had dropped a better card] for now ]

[ 248 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 12/1/2014, 15:35

Cast Interrupt works like that, as you get hit, your resistance starts lowering. If you are swarmed by hits, then it's very unlikely you can cast something if it's not instant.

The guides explain it in more detail. But basically, if your cast interrupt resist is 90%, then the next attack only has 10% chance to interrupt you, but the next one has an increased chance (the next one has 90% *90% resist ->81%, thus the attack now has a 19% chance of interrupting you). Or something like that, I am speaking off my memory on this right now.

Also, cast-interrupt cards give you an X number of immunity hits before your interrupt-rate starts increasing.

Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 12/1/2014, 16:17

Skot, was it by design that demonstration and marine spheres hurt the caster in woe? I was unpleasantly surprised when I killed myself with sphere mines lol....

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 12/1/2014, 21:16

To2fpic wrote:Skot, was it by design that demonstration and marine spheres hurt the caster in woe? I was unpleasantly surprised when I killed myself with sphere mines lol....
That's surprisingly unchanged from Vanilla. Field effects and traps hit the caster. You can abuse that with Sandman as a Sniper, which is one of the two things a Sniper can actually DO in WoE (the other is randomly toss Falcon Assaults and hope for the 9999 instead of the 800).

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 13/1/2014, 02:18

Ah. Makes sense... Thanks!

Another noob question I have is:

If I have a ogretooth card in my shield (-25% damage from medium), does that mean that ALL attacks and spells have -25% reduction? Do I get damage reduction for a medium size human who casts LoV on me?

Same question applies to race cards...

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 13/1/2014, 02:22

To2fpic wrote:Ah. Makes sense... Thanks!

If I have a ogretooth card in my shield (-25% damage from medium), does that mean that ALL attacks and spells have -25% reduction? Do I get damage reduction for a medium size human who casts LoV on me?

Everything a Medium mob tosses at you is reduced. Same goes for Thara Frog/demi-human and similar cards.

The exception is elemental resistance, which only reduces damage from elemental attacks and not from elemental mobs. It's slightly confusing at first.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 13/1/2014, 03:03

[ Couldn't you make it so the spell gets actually interrupted [as in, it stops casting]? ]
[ It's sorta annoying to have that 1 year to fully cast the spell and discover that it was interrupted at some point . . . . In fact, I think I'd rather just trust my LUK to avoid the cast interruption ]

[ 242 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 13/1/2014, 04:48

Fruit Pie~ wrote:
To2fpic wrote:Ah. Makes sense... Thanks!

Everything a Medium mob tosses at you is reduced. Same goes for Thara Frog/demi-human and similar cards.

The exception is elemental resistance, which only reduces damage from elemental attacks and not from elemental mobs. It's slightly confusing at first.

Thanks!

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 13/1/2014, 08:19

i/i/i/i/i/i/i/i/i/
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 13/1/2014, 09:47

[ Out of curiosity, what happens if you got something like -100% damage from medium? [Like, a Katana] ]
[ [[I'd test it myself, but I'm too poor to use money on something I'll probably never use]] ]

[ Fruit what do you mean that you can abuse Sandman with a sniper? You mean like, throw the sniper on his trap? ]

[ 239 ]

Last edited by bombxhead on 13/1/2014, 09:58; edited 1 time in total
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 13/1/2014, 09:56

Yeah I noticed that you cannot equip more than 2 shield cards on two handed weapons. :/ it would be pretty awesome to be able to equip more than 2 shield cards for sure.

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 13/1/2014, 10:03

[ Oh, that's sad [well, I guess it's nescessary] ]

[ 237 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum