MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One hundred thousand posts!!

+19
Hochsin
serveriskill?
khuongduy004
Jammyhammy
Soba Noodles
Bard
Rydier
Valeric
Rogem
Violentcupcakes
D4edalus
Fruit Pie~
Hydrocortizone
Evaunit
to3phu
Loki
Skotlex
Lothar Axe
Stonechimes
23 posters

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

One hundred thousand posts!! - Page 32 Empty Re: One hundred thousand posts!!

Post by bombxhead 13/1/2014, 09:47

[ Out of curiosity, what happens if you got something like -100% damage from medium? [Like, a Katana] ]
[ [[I'd test it myself, but I'm too poor to use money on something I'll probably never use]] ]

[ Fruit what do you mean that you can abuse Sandman with a sniper? You mean like, throw the sniper on his trap? ]

[ 239 ]

Last edited by bombxhead on 13/1/2014, 09:58; edited 1 time in total

bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 13/1/2014, 09:56

Yeah I noticed that you cannot equip more than 2 shield cards on two handed weapons. :/ it would be pretty awesome to be able to equip more than 2 shield cards for sure.

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 13/1/2014, 10:03

[ Oh, that's sad [well, I guess it's nescessary] ]

[ 237 ]

bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 13/1/2014, 10:07

bombxhead wrote:[ Out of curiosity, what happens if you got something like -100% damage from medium? [Like, a Katana] ]
[ [[I'd test it myself, but I'm too poor to use money on something I'll probably never use]] ]

[ Fruit what do you mean that you can abuse Sandman with a sniper? You mean like, throw the sniper on his trap? ]

[ 239 ]
-100% damage is impossible to get in Vanilla, let alone Happy DMR Land RO. But yeah, you'd take 0 damage. Every attack would miss if you had any other source of resistance, otherwise it'd do 1 damage.

Abusing Sandman or how to actually do any goddamn thing as a Sniper : Play Sniper, spec into maxed Sandman (and possibly sleep immunity, can't remember), toss the trap at your foot. That's it. That's all there is to it. Only works in PVP areas and basically gives you a spammable massive AoE sleep. Very few things/people resist sleep and if nobody hits them it lasts for what seems like an eternity. It's the ultimate crowd control! o/

Also I'd be down with more shield cards in two-handers if they got reduced in effect.

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 16/1/2014, 23:32

Remember in mou, immunity is..never full immunity. Cards like sandman or orc hero(or was it warrior..) gives like 90%-95% (I forgot how much). If you aren't sure how much resist you have or something @info 1 is your best friend
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 17/1/2014, 08:36

[ I think warrior gives you res against brute monsters [shield card] ]
[ but hey, are snipers that bad in mou? ]

[ 234 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 17/1/2014, 09:16

bombxhead wrote:[ I think warrior gives you res against brute monsters [shield card] ]
[ but hey, are snipers that bad in mou? ]

[ 234 ]
Yeah, Warrior is the anti-brute shield card, Hero is the stun "immunity" one. Also, there IS a way to get immunity to several status effects in Mou : Evil Druid card. Undead are still immune to a bunch of stuff, and it's not "95% resist" fake immunity.

Snipers are the worst class tied with Whitesmith, pretty much. Or were, I dunno. (I dunno about WSes either, I just like to say they're the worst) It's probably changed with the new DMR system with the level scaling and such, but back then you had no viable builds. Bow seems to do pathetic DPS no matter how you build it and playing the Sniper like a weird mage with a caster dagger and Falcon Assault is inconsistent. At best. Not much for AoE either.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 17/1/2014, 18:38

For range, gunslinger can out dps them snipers with way more versatility (angra slinger anyone?). My slinger is the strongest out of all my characters. I've calculated about over 18k damage with rapid shot, before def reduction, with little to no dex. But with the new changes, pretty much most of my characters are or should be nerf.

For whitesmith, they are pretty damn good at mobbing, with hammer fall for CC and then CT for the AOE and while using that merchant set, they can easily farm well for them sweet, sweet boxes. The only problem I have with them is fucking range..GOD DAMN RANGE MOBS. Maybe cause I use mace, but FUCK RANGE. Cart boost doesn't cut it. Now I think about it that card that auto cast K.E would be pretty decent on ws. With marchant set you should have some decent amount of luk too... /hm
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 17/1/2014, 19:48

to3phu wrote:For range, gunslinger can out dps them snipers with way more versatility (angra slinger anyone?). My slinger is the strongest out of all my characters. I've calculated about over 18k damage with rapid shot, before def reduction, with little to no dex. But with the new changes, pretty much most of my characters are or should be nerf.

For whitesmith, they are pretty damn good at mobbing, with hammer fall for CC and then CT for the AOE and while using that merchant set, they can easily farm well for them sweet, sweet boxes. The only problem I have with them is fucking range..GOD DAMN RANGE MOBS. Maybe cause I use mace, but FUCK RANGE. Cart boost doesn't cut it. Now I think about it that card that auto cast K.E would be pretty decent on ws. With marchant set you should have some decent amount of luk too... /hm
Basically that. Also casters out-DPS Snipers as well, High Priests topping them in single target, High Wizards having massive AoE and Professors having WAY more utility. Hell, I think LORD KNIGHTS might have better ranged DPS than Snipers!

Whitesmiths have the same problems in Mou as they have in regular RO, which I find hilarious. Their AoE is also worse than other melees', because it's so short range and has such short splash. ._. Hammerfall is pretty good, though. I feel Creators do better for box farming if you can stand playing plant summoning Tetris for hours.

EDIT : KE... might be okay. The problem is that it's based on max HP, and Whitesmiths have the second worst among melees. And the worst has Full Strip, defensive skills and the ability to use bows.

EDIT 2 : That thing about Snipers is mostly about Snipers who foolishly build for and use bows. If you feel extremely lucky you can try a dagger and shield caster Falcon Assault Sniper and do anywhere between 800 and 9999 per shot - to the same person with the exact same gear and stats. You could obliterate Tofu's LK in three seconds flat or you could fail to kill an ungeared High Wizard. Roll the dice! I call this build the Vegas Sniper~

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 18/1/2014, 01:36

To3phu, enlighten me with ur "angra slinger" build please Smile)))

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 18/1/2014, 19:21

Oh My... I can't be around much, my classes have started, and my housing is ridiculously far from the campus premises. How far? I have classes from 09:00 to 15:00, but I have to wake up at 06:00 and return home at 18:00. This might get somewhat better now that I got a pass to get on the campus shuttle, but time will tell.

Needless to say, I've hardly had time to do anything other than studying... after dinner I am too exhausted to work on Mou :s It looks like I can only do that on weekends. But today... half a day is gone already, and I was gone for grocery shopping and opening a bank account :S

Yeah, suddenly free time is so rare.... o_o

<some number>
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 18/1/2014, 19:29

Welcome back. Want some of my free time? I'm even playing MouRO these days.

99 228
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 19/1/2014, 01:26

[ I'm swimming in free time, like always ]
[ IM FREE ]

[ Edit: Come on . . . . I mean, the name says "Sniper", and the class 1-1 is "Archer". Isn't it natural that one would think that you should use bows? ]
[ 227 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 19/1/2014, 17:58

There's no reason for Archers to use bows in Mou and no reason for PVP Archers to use bows in ANY server.

RO is that kind of game.

EDIT : Waaay back in the olden, glory days of pre-Comodo, Hunters could actually auto-Blitz with a dagger and shield setup. You could build an invulnerable melee Hunter that also did more DPS than the DS spam cookie cutter idiots (and any other melee class, for that matter). But that was pre-Comodo RO. We don't like to talk much about it. It's pretty fun trivia though~

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 19/1/2014, 18:59

I've been playing as a Hunter with Dagger/Shield and it's working quite well, it's more interesting too, you have a reason to use traps other than ankle snare and to manually cast Blitz Beat. Auto-blitz-beat works fine in melee too, but you know, when food is low going closer isn't an option.

I mean, Bow sucks you know. You have DS and Phantom Arrow, and that's all you need. Boring.

I only wish I could make traps though, it's a serious bother to see that your 200 traps that costed 20,000 zenny ended in 10-20 minutes of hunting.

99 225
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 21/1/2014, 01:22

[ lol ]
[ might try that sometime ]

[ What does the -25% HIT from phreeoni card do? ]
[ I mean, yes, you lose HIT, but since you get nevermissing attacks, do you actually lose something? ]

[ 224 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 21/1/2014, 01:29

I think HIT affects your damage somehow.

99 223
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 21/1/2014, 18:20

well can somebody tell me, when you access to bank services, what does B.O.P. stands for and what its use for?

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 21/1/2014, 18:48

Lothar Axe wrote:I think HIT affects your damage somehow.

99 223
Hit influence your min damage
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 21/1/2014, 21:33

[ that's sad then. Well, I guess I don't mind losing a bit of min damage in exchange of not seeing miss ]
[ does Dex [HIT] also have influence over Min MATK? ]

[ edit: Also, does anyone knows the formula for refining ori/elu? ]

[ 220 ]

Last edited by bombxhead on 21/1/2014, 22:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some reason)
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 21/1/2014, 23:23

I believe AGI raise min matk IIRC. I don't know about the odds for upgrade (but you can end up spending a 100 of ori for +13 if you're lucky)...but all I know is for chance it is all base on JLVL. 100 JLVL  is the same chances as the npc and a level 150 has 50% better chance. Also I'm not sure if skot might of remove this but if you make your own refined elu/ori you get a slight chance of getting a bit more.
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 22/1/2014, 02:58

[ +13 is that hard to get? lol ]

Yes it is, try making a weapon +15 and see how long that takes lol
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuzuki Silver 22/1/2014, 03:01

Max job level is 140, not 150. Also, he was asking about the chance of refining elu/ori, as in turning the rough ores into usable metal. We were talking about that earlier today. The skills all used to have the formulas in the descriptions, but ever since the big update they're a bit messy, for much the same reason the item descriptions are messy.

On that note, I too wish to know the formulas.

Bomb, the limit in vanilla is also +15, although it used to be +10 before renewal. And even then, getting +15 in vanilla is annoying because it uses different metals.

Tsuzuki Silver
Tsuzuki Silver

Male Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 22/1/2014, 04:25

I made A +14 armour once using the npc... It took like 8 hours and 30+ mil

Edit: never again

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 22/1/2014, 13:36

[ edit: nevermind . . . . ]

[ 215 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 25/1/2014, 01:30

[ why did you even go to such lenghts to get the +14 armor on the NPC? ]

[ 214 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 25/1/2014, 03:22

When a person gets bored, supidity follows. I should note that I did not know whitesmiths could upgrade armor at the time... so let's just say that insanity and stupidity crossed paths on that day and resulted in a +14 armor.

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 25/1/2014, 22:32

[ oh. ]
[ by the way, Archangelings cards increases HP Regen by base LUK% [and half for SP], meaning that they don't have the effect increased by getting like +30 LUK [Gloria] right? Curse reduces your LUK to 0, but since it isn't really reducing your base LUK does it not affect the regen bonus . . . . ? ]

[ Also, does anyone have a rental rosary? ]

[ 212 ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum