MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mou Bugs

+9
Tsuzuki Silver
khal
serveriskill?
Hochsin
bbqctx
Rogem
Skotlex
bombxhead
Lothar Axe
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Mou Bugs Empty New Mou Bugs

Post by Lothar Axe 14/11/2013, 22:51

Well, just making a thread for bugs of this new age, please people, post the bugs here from now on.
After partying with an annonymous server lurker who doesn't want to be identified, I got some tips of bugs happening in the game.

Merchant Cart: They cannot be bought, removed or accessed, but the skills that need them can be activated as if the cart was there.
Mercenary Scrolls: A weird error screen appears when they are used in a player, but it doesn't crashes the game, neither stops the use, it just appears like that and then vanishes when you press ok, still not the nice thing to see. The error is:
GetSkillAttackRange
[string "buf"]:247:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Basic Skills: We can't roll down the lvls, so it cannot be used.
Client Version Language: It seems the lastest 10-18-2013 Client is completelly Korean while 4-12-2013 Client is in english.
Extra Item Slot: It isn't being shown anymore, so the game sees some equipment as "green". But you still can equip cards into those extra slots.
Main Chat: Everytime someone says something in Main Chat the message is sent twice.
Not-Magnified Itens Crashing When Sold: Exatly as told.
Weapon and Armor Tabs Switched: In Storage those two tabs are switched somehow.
Changed Skill Lvl not Supported: You cannot invest more lvls into skill that had it's lvls increased in MouRO.
Pet Menu Error: Might be only with the pet "New Year's Doll", the pink Chung E, as described in the error that is only missing that one file. Error is: ResourceError : Can't find file userinterface\illust\pet_p_chung_e.bmp 
Clothing Dye Failure: From color 490 onwards for some characters, the dye for clothing turns the whole sprite into black. Except for head and upwards. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Clothing Dye Failure Crash: After redyeing a character, going to character screen seems to crash my game on the first time after dyeing the character. Doesn't happen afterwards, so long as I don't redye him.

Nothing else until now.

Last edited by Lothar Axe on 15/11/2013, 11:18; edited 2 times in total
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

New Mou Bugs Empty Re: New Mou Bugs

Post by bombxhead 15/11/2013, 09:59

[ will you be "refreshing" the first post with the bugs posted here? ]
[ anyhow, ]

『Pet Menu Error: Might be only with the pet "New Year's Doll", the pink Chung E, as described in the error that is only missing that one file. Error is 『ResourceError : Can't find file userinterface\illust\pet_p_chung_e.bmp
『Clothing Dye Failure: From color 490 onwards for some characters, the dye for clothing turns the whole sprite into black. Except for head and upwards.
『Clothing Dye Failure Crash: After redyeing a character, going to character screen seems to crash my game on the first time after dyeing the character. Doesn't happen afterwards, so long as I don't redye him.  ]

[ Also, this might be unrelated and I might just not have noticed up to now, but the color of the clothing 188 and 261 seems odd ]
[ Edit: okay, nevermind, unless SN arms are also "clothing", this is odd: 『 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ]

[ Would be better if someone else looked if they also get this stuff, as it may be just here. And this may not even be a bug x_x ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 15/11/2013, 16:19

The client restricts cloth colours to 512 for some reason. I asked in the relevant rA thread whether this could be increased, before I was forced to just limit the number of cloth dyes.

Basic Skills / Extra Item Slot / Skill Levels : these require me to update the skill description and item description files = I haven't done this yet, as I mentioned in the thousand posts thread.

I will have to look into the other bugs after I can get a stable client that works properly.

Lothar, how did you test a 10-18-2013 client? I didn't want to test newer clients because I assumed that supporting them server-side would require more packet-support work... :s
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 15/11/2013, 16:24

Oh, I shouldn't get that one?! Well, I can just get an older then XD
Anyway... I'm really playing normally with that newer client... 'cept for the Korean letters everywhere.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 15/11/2013, 18:16

Hmm... well that would be a good thing, then. I will have to look into getting a newer hexed client at some point. I just went for the lowest "stable" supported version by rA to make things easier.

Apparently they weren't really all that easier... it's ironic that the client works well on the two machines I have to test in, but not in the machines of others Wah
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 18/11/2013, 20:43

So, I can't edit my first post for some reason, then I'll post the bugs I found here.
Guild Storage Disconnects You: For some reason after retrieving an item from my Guild Storage I always get disconnected. It takes some time for that to happen, but after retrieving an item I can't retrieve another until the disconnection happens.
Boss Monsters Disconnects You: Might be related to the client, but anyway when you see a boss monster (one of those who have a cross marking in the map that appears in dungeons) the program stops working.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 19/11/2013, 00:22

[ I tried the Guild Storage Disconnects You and Boss Monsters Disconnects You; the guild storage indeed seems to disconnect you when you get itens ]
[ as for the bosses disconnect, as of now I only tried one; a Guardian Familiar in the Ant Hell. It did not seem to disconnect me, so maybe a more updated version of the game doesn't disconnect at bosses? Or I was just lucky. I'll try to confirm it with more bosses later ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 19/11/2013, 00:25

It happened with me in Payon Dungeon 2, not that I expect that problem to be that specific.

Edit:
With Annonymous Solo Lurker-kun Whose Forum's Name is Kanpai's help here are more things:

Misc Tab Likes Skills: So, we have a problem with Misc Skill Tab. For some classes it includes skills when it shouldn't, what I mean is, skills that should be either in 1st class tab or 2nd class tab end up in the Misc Tab. That happens with all Super Novice skills, and I found some from the Assassin Cross and Stalker classes too. The skills that are in that Tab cannot be invested in, they are completelly inaccessible.
Def Based Damage Aint Worth Et: Equipment like Ice Pick are doing less damage than barehanded attacks, more like halving the damage.
Renewal Items are Garbage: Identified renewal items crash the client. Since unidentified items crash the client, you can't do a thing either way.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 21/11/2013, 16:09

[ wow, I just noticed that I forgot to add a space between the links and the quote thing. Sorry for that. ]

[ anyhow, Misc Tab Likes Skills: I've looked at my SN, and the skills on the Misc tab were only the quest skills; I was unable to put any points on the quest skills too. But the rest of them [non quest ones] were working fine to put points and use ]

[ Also, something I should've tried before probably is the Not-Magnified Itens Crashing When Sold; here, it did not crash when selling a random non-identified ribbon [the Familiar drop one] ]

[ I don't know what itens are from renewal or which are not, so I won't really try the Renewal Items are Garbage one. ]

[Edit: Also, the client still insists in self opening for no reason. It only starts auto-initializing after opening the client once after a rebooting/turning off the pc.]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 23/11/2013, 23:05

SN's Sniping Sessions: I'm hitting every four years. TBH, this is an old bug. ASPD at 28-29 with an arbalest equipped, buffed up with Inc. Agi and Blessing. Doesn't seem like the point is to make this game into one where you'll have to cancel the backswing of each shot, so I could appreciate a fix here.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 24/11/2013, 18:47

This Server Is Too Small For Us: There's a bug of unknown nature that makes certain characters (not all of them) crash other people selectively. Let's say I'm the Player A, I have 3 characters in one account. One of these characters crash a Player B, but the others don't. Also, this character may not crash a Player C or D.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 24/11/2013, 20:54

This Server Is Too Small For Us: Made a separate post, describing this bug more in-depth and discussing how to deal with it.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 29/11/2013, 14:32

I have some time to work on crashes, which I think should be the priority. First I need to figure out what's up with selling unidentified items.

Also, fix on the aura crash. Those two seem the most important right now.

But what about people who couldn't even open the client? I personally wanted to fix that above all else, but I have... no idea how to go about it. I've hexed even the most basic of clients, all that is left is to ask them to try a different client made by somebody else, and see if that crashes. The problem might not be with the client at all, but with RO itself? But then I have no clue on what would be the casue :S
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 29/11/2013, 21:23

I wonder if people still have such problem by using this:
This is the most advanced thing we have for know. At least 4-5 players were able to play in the last two weeks, as I've participated in a party with such ammount of players one of these days.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 30/11/2013, 11:37

By my count, we've had ~7 different players connect in the past two weeks.

Edit: The ninja dagger "Asura" doesn't give +50 MATK like it is supposed to. Also, there's something wrong with the WATK -> MATK thing.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 30/11/2013, 17:11

[ actually, a lot of items do not give all the things they are supposed to ]
[ like stats, MDEF, ATK etc ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 30/11/2013, 20:52

Entweihen Crothen card doesn't give any MATK.

Some of those are because we now have Renewal descriptions, whereas the items are actually with pre-ren stats.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 1/12/2013, 21:10

Found an item called Toy Shield that crashes the game just by looking to it in the inventory (thus one of my characters is doomed to never equip nor sell anything).
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 2/12/2013, 13:49

I'll fix it in my itemInfo.lua (most likely it's about a missing graphics), you'll be able to use it when I upload the file.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 2/12/2013, 17:12

I fixed the client aura crash. Apparently the very hex to use custom auras was broken... rA development seems almost as bad as Mou's :S

To fix it, you need to update both the bdata.grf and the client (direct links provided in the website's announcement).
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 2/12/2013, 17:25

And this happened:

New Mou Bugs Bwj2

Game exits afterwards.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 3/12/2013, 14:46

Eh? When does that happen? At what moment? The client worked well here, damn :S

EDIT: And it also works well at my laptop, after downloading the mouro.rar file from the website. I noticed the files were included with a path that doesn't belong there, so I updated the .rar to remove such paths, though I think it's well known by now that the three files belong in the main kro directory.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 3/12/2013, 19:23

It works fine for me.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 3/12/2013, 20:00

Well, doesn't matter for me. If I stick with the old without activating /aura everything is fine, I can live with that.

@Edit1:
So, for some random reason it works for me now. I did nothing different that just trying again, who knows the heck. Actually I used the new zipped file, but it's supposed to be the same thing.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 6/12/2013, 15:32

Okay, fixed the palette issue. It took a while to figure out which class's palette set I could just copy to all others. It's probably not going to look as pretty for all classes, but at least there shouldn't be any more black silhouette issues. Have to update the adata.grf to fix this.

I didn't get any crashes when selling unidentified gears, no matter what I tried. Is this bug still present? And why does it not happen to me? :S Maybe if you gave me a specific gear/class combination example? I checked with a few of my chars, and all the unidentified junk I had worked just fine.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum