MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WATK, STR and MATK

2 posters

Go down

WATK, STR and MATK Empty WATK, STR and MATK

Post by Rogem 30/11/2013, 00:38

So, I'm in the process of min-maxing my ninja to have maximal cast speed combined with minimal delays and high MATK. As such, I need to know exactly how WATK, Nen and STR factor into each other. So, as questions:
1) It doesn't seem like STR-WATK affects MATK. Is this intentional?
2) Does WATK from refines affect MATK?
3) How much WATK do I gain from each point of STR?
4) Is MATK calculated as (baseMatk + bonusMatk) x (1 + Int/100) x (1 + mWATK) x Multiplier? If not, what is the exact formula? And how does Dex affect this?

Rogem

Back to top Go down

WATK, STR and MATK Empty Re: WATK, STR and MATK

Post by Skotlex 3/12/2013, 15:55

1 - WATK should certainly affect MATK. STR should not affect it at all
2 - it does, or there wouldn't be a point to refining mage staffs
3 - It's one point per STR, but this particular bonus is not used to calculate MATK (as that makes no sense). Only the weapon's innate WATK + refines plays a role.
4 - Matk is split on Max~Min

Matk Max: ( 10 + base lv + int / 2 + job lv / 4 + dex / 6 ) * modifier

The modifier is: (int + Weapon modifier)%. The weapon modifier is 80% of WATK for staffs, and 40% for other weapon types. So using a staff with 100 WATK and 100 int would yield a bonus of +180%.

Matk Min is a ratio of Matk Max, (dex + 2*agi) / (dex + 2*agi + int) % (the closer to 1, the closer the Min is to Max).

However, this later ratio is bound to be revised when I change the basic damage equations so that increasing stats do not decrease them (in this case, the role of int would be changed to base level or something like that, I am still designing that).
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 3/12/2013, 17:39

Thanks, this makes it a lot clearer.

Edit: You sure it's 40%? Because that would cause Ninpou to make daggers give 90%...

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 4/12/2013, 02:01

Oh, I misread the code. It's actually: 80% for staffs, 40% for books, 20% for other weapon types. Yep, good catch.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum