MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Suggestions

+8
Fruit Pie~
Loki
Vitriol
Squishyyy
Lothar Axe
Skotlex
to3phu
alloyc
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Crazy Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Crazy Suggestions

Post by Skotlex 16/11/2013, 15:48

1. Sounds like guild wars, and it seems a bit out of place :V
2. Can probably be coded somehow as in an @option feature: "auto-reuse self-cast skills when they run out," and it would work on things like angelus, blessing, two-hand-quicken, reject-sword, double-cast, etc. It may have some unintended side effects, though. I can probably add this in, it doesn't seem complicated.
3. I am not sure how easy it is to make gospel movable, but I wouldn't really have a problem with it working more like a dance (with a heavy movement penalty).

4. eh, if mvps pets were "small" then I might be willing to allow them to be captured. It is just too distracting if you had a party of players with gigantic pets following them around. I wanted mvps to be "special" monsters, and hence why they couldn't be captured. But I suppose... I could craft something for the "elite" kind of players to show off and catch mvp pets :V of course, I'd have to think of how to do this, your method seems a bit complicated as it'd require a lot of scripting :B

5. Nah, I like SN being masters of 1st class skills. They are already quite powerful as they are... not to mention they were supposed to be a joke class for people who wanted a challenge... :s

Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 16/11/2013, 20:13

[ couldn't you make a npc that changes the pet size ? ]
[ to make them normal/small size ]

bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by kanpai 19/11/2013, 21:55

Here's a not too crazy suggestion: adding a jewel slot to the armors. I have a bunch of jewels but I honestly can't think of a situation where I'd have +10 of any stat over a garm or a ghostring card. Of course, maybe adding a slot to all equipment would be too much, but having a slot in just select pieces (like just shoes and armor or something) would be cool too. 

Just seems like this would add a lot more variety to some builds

kanpai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 21/11/2013, 00:15

Not my idea, but here cometh:

Matter equals Mind: Make it so skills that use catalysts don't cost sp when the catalysts are present. So it becomes a matter of either using the catalyst or sp. This suggestion's purpose is to fix the lameness of such lame cost. This suggestion can be expanded into a system in which all skills can use a catalyst, increasing the meaning of hunting for specific materials, and improving Ragnarok's strong aspect of strategy.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 22/11/2013, 23:21

Improved Revenge : New passive for LKs! Requires maxed Auto Counter. Every time you use auto-counter, instead of a crit you get a Bowling Bash, its level based on your Improved Revenge level.

...I'm sorry for this. Going back to WoW.

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 23/11/2013, 14:11

Here's a set of passive skills for SNs. Should be fun to read, at least.

Indecisive Mind (0/10, Passive Skill):
"10% per level of Indecisive Spirit of all physical damage dealt by the Super Novice is converted into magical damage of Ghost, Holy, Shadow or Undead property. 10% per level of Indecisive Spirit of all magical damage dealt by the Super Novice is converted into physical damage of Earth, Fire, Water or Wind property. The element chosen is random. 

Also, 5% of MATK per level is converted into ATK and 5% of ATK per level is converted into MATK. This effect is not cumulative with itself and is applied before % card effects but after + or - card effects."

Indecisive Body (0/10, Passive Skill):
"For every level of Indecisive Body, 7% of the Super Novice's total HP is converted into SP and 7% of his/her total SP is converted into HP. For every level of Indecisive Body, 7% of the damage that the Super Novice would receive from any source is applied to the Super Novice's SP instead of HP. Likewise, 7% of all the healing that the Super Novice would receive is applied to his/her SP instead of HP. Furthermore, 7% per skill level of all SP costs are converted into HP cost, causing spell casts to drain the Super Novice's HP instead of SP.

In addition, there's a chance that any damage that the Super Novice would receive has its elemental property randomized. This chance is equal to 7% * Skill Level."

Indecisive Soul (0/10, Passive Skill):
"Any time that the Super Novice would receive or apply a buff or debuff, there is a 3% chance per Skill Level that the buff or debuff effect is modified by a percentage. The modifier is randomly chosen within the range of -10% * Skill Level ~ +10% * Skill Level.

Also, any time that the Super Novice would receive or deal damage or healing, the value is randomly modified by a value chosen between -2% * Skill Level ~ +2% * Skill Level."

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 23/11/2013, 14:50

Rogem wrote:Here's a set of passive skills for SNs. Should be fun to read, at least.

Indecisive Mind (0/10, Passive Skill):
"10% per level of Indecisive Spirit of all physical damage dealt by the Super Novice is converted into magical damage of Ghost, Holy, Shadow or Undead property. 10% per level of Indecisive Spirit of all magical damage dealt by the Super Novice is converted into physical damage of Earth, Fire, Water or Wind property. The element chosen is random. 

Also, 5% of MATK per level is converted into ATK and 5% of ATK per level is converted into MATK. This effect is not cumulative with itself and is applied before % card effects but after + or - card effects."

Indecisive Body (0/10, Passive Skill):
"For every level of Indecisive Body, 7% of the Super Novice's total HP is converted into SP and 7% of his/her total SP is converted into HP. For every level of Indecisive Body, 7% of the damage that the Super Novice would receive from any source is applied to the Super Novice's SP instead of HP. Likewise, 7% of all the healing that the Super Novice would receive is applied to his/her SP instead of HP. Furthermore, 7% per skill level of all SP costs are converted into HP cost, causing spell casts to drain the Super Novice's HP instead of SP.

In addition, there's a chance that any damage that the Super Novice would receive has its elemental property randomized. This chance is equal to 7% * Skill Level."

Indecisive Soul (0/10, Passive Skill):
"Any time that the Super Novice would receive or apply a buff or debuff, there is a 3% chance per Skill Level that the buff or debuff effect is modified by a percentage. The modifier is randomly chosen within the range of -10% * Skill Level ~ +10% * Skill Level.

Also, any time that the Super Novice would receive or deal damage or healing, the value is randomly modified by a value chosen between -2% * Skill Level ~ +2% * Skill Level."
That's so Super Novice. I think that's more interesting than giving them 2nds skills.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 23/11/2013, 21:14

Lothar Axe wrote:That's so Super Novice. I think that's more interesting than giving them 2nds skills.
I personally like Indecisive Body the best... all those possibilities. Especially wonderful with the Mirror Coat or what the SP bubble from mages was called.

Edit: You made me wanna go and play. I'll be back here in a moment...

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 23/11/2013, 21:31

Magic Coat I think.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 23/11/2013, 21:54

It was Energy Coat :p

Also, ended up crashing, so I'll have to re-dl my RO files.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 25/11/2013, 14:24

My turn:

We Are All Magic Classes: Give Teleportation and Warp to Mages too. Transfer Increase Spiritual Power from Priest to Acolyte. Transfer Mace Specialization from Priest and Monk to Acolyte.

Merchant Guild Business: Transfer Unfair Trick and Greed from Blacksmiths to Merchants. Transform Loud Exclamation into a skill similar to Provoke, but inverted. Instead of increasing attack and lowering defense, it increases enemy's defense and lower it's attack.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 25/11/2013, 16:01

Add Soul Strike from Mages to Acolytes with req. Demon Bane 5, Heal 5 to We Are All Magic Classes and it's golden.

We Have Our Pride: If a party only has characters of one sex, they get +5% more experience points.

There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Monks and Ninjas get a Passive Skill:

Overkill (0/5, Passive Skill)[Req. 1 Ashura Strike OR 1 Final Strike]:
"Whenever you hit an opponent with your Ashura Strike or Final Strike and the damage dealt exceeds the opponent's maximum HP by more than 25%, you will deal 5*Skill Level% of the total damage to all enemies within a 7x7 grid around the original target as physical damage. This effect can trigger itself."

Last edited by Rogem on 25/11/2013, 17:40; edited 1 time in total

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 25/11/2013, 16:10

Mechanics kinda look like SCVs, don't they?

So, when (if?) Mechanics are implemented, remove all of their turret skills. Instead, they get Build Barracks, Build Factory and Build Starport. Those build player-aligned, immobile creatures (kinda like plants!) that spawn more player-aligned mobs of various types every few seconds.

...come on, it'd be cool. .-.

EDIT : It'd also be way more useful than the turrets!

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 25/11/2013, 16:47

Swing'em Hard: Give AoE for melee weapons based on their size and type, starting from the enemy they hit. 1H Swords, 1H Axes and Maces have 3x3 AoE, 2H Swords, 2H Axes and Staves have 5x5 AoE. Spears have 2 cells piercing attacks, just like their range.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 25/11/2013, 17:48

Let's Play A Game of Soul-Twister: Soul Linkers get a skill:

Re-Tether Souls (0/7, Active Skill):
"All players within a 10x10 grid from the targeted cell have their class randomly swapped with another player. Whenever they attempt to activate a skill, a random skill is chosen from the leveled skills of the character their class was swapped with and is activated instead. This effect lasts for Skill Level minutes and can affect upto 2x Skill Level players"

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 28/11/2013, 18:15

My Memory Should Last Longer: Turns Professor's Memorize into a skill that can only be used while a spell is being casted, cancelling it. When it cancells that spell's cast, that spell is memorized and will have it's cast halved forever until another spell is memorized.

Make Your Customized Final Strike: Turns Ninja's Issen into a skill similar to Monk's Blade Grasp that costs the Mirror Image buff, consuming it, and no more costs HP. When attacked while in the Blade Grasp-like effect, Issen is activated showing the Kanji Simbol, forcing the next Issen.Lvl used skills to target the enemy who attacked. The skills that work with Issen auto-target will also get a buff as follows:

Kiri-Kage (Shadow Slash): Crit Bonus goes up to 100% and can be used without Hiding.
Kunai: Throws 3 Kunai at Once.
Fuuma Shuriken: Removes delay and damage division among enemies.
Kouenka (Flaming Petals): Casting Time Reduced to Instant.
Hyou-Sensou (Freezing Spear): Casting Time Reduced to Instant.
Fuujin (Wind Blade): Casting Time Reduced to Instant.
Raigekisai (Lightning Jolt): Skill is casted in the enemy instead of the user.
Kaenjin (Blaze Shield): Skill is casted in the enemy instead of the user.
Hyou-Shouraku (Snow Flake Draft): Skill is casted in the enemy instead of the user.
Shadow Jump: Jumps to enemy location and causes blind and poison to all enemies in 5x5 AoE being the chance based on Envenom for poison and Sprinkle Sand for blind.

Suggested Issen Max Lvl: 3
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 28/11/2013, 23:27

Shurikens Aren't Weapons, They're Distractions: The weight of kunais and ninja stones is reduced by 50% (they weigh like hell atm). Also, the Ninja skills are overhauled:

Tobidougu: Adds mastery damage to Fuumas and Daggers (only 60% for the daggers). Also improves DEF and MDEF by Fuuma Refine Rate.
       Throw Shuriken: Shurikens are no longer ammo. Instead, the type with the highest ATK is chosen when casting. Damage reduced to 105% + [5 x Skill Level]% ATK + [Shuriken ATK]. Every hit has a [2 * Skill Level]% chance to inflict External Bleeding, Confusion and Stun. May also inflict Decrease Agility on an equal chance. The level of Decrease Agility is half of that of Throw Shuriken. Whenever one of the above on-hit effects is applied, the target also receives a debuff called "Distracted".
       Throw Kunai: ATK on the kunai items is increased to 100. The skill damage is still 100% + [10 x Skill Level]% ATK. If the target has the "Distracted" debuff, the debuff is consumed to increase the damage of Throw Kunai by 150%.
      Fuuma Shuriken: Damage is [70 x Skill Level]% ATK. Damage is no longer split between targets. AoE is resized to 5x5. Can be cast both on ground and on target. Damage is increased by +25% ATK if the enemy is standing on the 3x3 zone and by an additional +25% if he is in the middle. Cooldown 2.5 seconds.
      Zeny Nage: Throws upto 1000 zeny, Skill Level times. Damage for every 1 zeny is 1, affected by % increases and decreases to damage and ATK, as well as WATK. The damage can never be reduced below the amount of zeny spent, except in WoE. The amount thrown each time is 100 ~ 1000 zeny.
      Tatami Flip: Knock the enemy back by Skill Level cells. Stuns the enemy at a [12 x Skill Level]% rate. Damage is 100% ATK, only reduced by the armor and cards on the enemy's Footgear. Blocks the next [2 x Skill Level] ranged attacks.
      Kasumi-kiri: Hits three times for a total of 100% + [20 x Skill Level]%. If it hits successfully, it knocks you back 5 cells (even in WoE) and then casts Hiding on you. The level of Hiding is equal to what you currently have. Hiding level 1 required.
      Kirikage: The crit rate can't be reduced by LUK. Has a three second delay in WoE.
      Utsusemi: No longer reduces damage. Instead, knocks the user back 4 cells and reduces the attack and movement speed of the opponent by 25% + [5 x Skill Level]%. [Skill Level / 2] charges, rounded up. Consumes a Shadow Orb.
      Bunshin-jutsu: No longer consumes a Shadow Orb nor Nen. Instead, it is now toggle-able ability like Nen. As long as Bunshin-jutsu is active, SP Recovery - [2 x Skill Level]%. Skill level is selectable.
      Issen: (For my ideas, cast time fixed at 2.0s) Either what Lothar suggested above... OR The skill is (also) usable from Hiding and is Ranged (works like Kirikage), and the skill damage is (ATK x WATK x [HP Consumed / 1000] x % modifiers]. Consumes Nen and a Shadow Orb. OR It consumes Nen, Bunshin-jutsu, Skill Level Shadow Orbs and [4 x Skill Level]% of Max HP. It then chooses upto Skill Level targets from within a 11x11 area around the caster, then casts Kiri-Kage on all of those targets with a 0.5 second delay between each strike, ignoring any skill requirements or limits. Cannot hit the same target more than three times. If the skill runs out of targets before it is finished, the caster is stunned for [0.5 x Remaining Hits] seconds. Max Skill Level is 10.
      Hyou-sensou: Total damage increased to 900%.
      Hyou-shouraku: AoE increased to 9x9.

My Giant Shuriken Is Big, Cool and Dangerous: Cards applied to Fuumas have their effects increased by 50%, however the wearer's ASPD is reduced by 5% for every card on the Fuuma. Nen also applies to Fuumas. (Fuumas are crap right now on the damage side, compared with daggers. This is a somewhat balanced solution that should make them usable in all three of the major Ninja builds.)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Explanations, in order:
1 - Ninjas do not get any bonus damage for using daggers, which currently is their weapon of choice. Due to Fuumas pretty much sucking right now since using one for minor ATK increase will forfeit shield card slots and a huge loss of MDEF/DEF, they are given an effect that fixes at least some of the defensive loss. Having a +15 refined Fuuma will give a total of 15 DEF/MDEF, which is shown as 7 or 8 in the stats, meaning a 7.5% reduction in incoming damage - this is in addition to having 30% instead of 20% reduced damage from Bunshin-jutsu. Compared with a +15 Valkyrja's Shield, which gives 20 MDEF and 12 DEF (10% and 6%). However, the damage will be noticably greater on a Fuuma than a dagger, thus making it a balanced option of sacrificing some of your defense for a notably increased damage.

2&3 - Throw Shuriken is way too good compared to Throw Kunai right now. There is pretty much no point in using kunais, which weigh four times as much and deal only 600% ATK per item, compared to the 900% ATK per item of Throw Shuriken. Also, all kunais have an ATK of 30, which is more than three times less than that of the best shuriken. The ATK increase means that the ATK of kunais will be the same as the best shuriken. Throw Shuriken is re-worked into a preparatory skill for the Kunais, which have their damage increased and are now the primary ammunition used by ninjas.

4 - Fuuma was useless, mostly due to poor damage and tiny AoE. Should now be a lot more useful.

5 - Zeny Nage was a waste of zeny, since it dealt fixed, non-scaling damage that required 30+ skill points to have. The damage was also reduced by DEF, so it was a horrible skill, overall.

6 - Tatami Flip was useless against melee enemies and range enemies alike. Most ranged enemies can knock me out of range before I can finish a cast or even throw my shuriken. This should fix it. The damage increase currently in place is pretty useless as well, and the knockback is ignorable if you're not standing on a Quaqmire.

7 - Was completely and utterly useless. Since Thief skills are now a part of the Ninja tree, there is absolutely no point in using something that deals low damage, leaves you open for ~1.0 secs and can miss (not to mention that you have to click your target as well).

8 - I would like to crit that Poring, please. Also, to make it combo better with (the "improved") Kasumi-kiri in WoE, the delay should be reduced.

9 - The damage reduction on Utsusemi is redundant. On mou, you need a lot of damage reduction anyway. Also, the ranged enemies can knock me ALL the way back, so that my casts fail because I'm not in range, until I finally run out of stacks, by which point I've been hit for 125% of the single hit's damage to cast that *one* spell, which I could've cast without any problems in that time - twice.

10 - The Mou version of Bunshin-jutsu is cool. This is just a way to make it a lot better.

11 - Issen has no goddamn use. Without actually building my ninja around it, I am hitting for less than what my Kirikage deals. AND I have to walk to my enemy, which sucks even more because Utsusemi knocks me 7 cells back whenever I try to cast it. One of these three options should fix it.

12 - This is to make the skill be in line with the other two bolt spells. There is no reason to give it a 6.6% damage penalty, even with Suiton increasing the total damage above the other two - Kouenka has a *lot* of enemies to use against and Fuujin comboes similarly with Hyou-shouraku.

13 - This is to make it combo better with Raigekisai.

P.S. I think I might actually make a separate thread for revising this with math to support it.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 28/11/2013, 23:44

Hoh, I like them all.

The shurikens might be a bit overpowered though. I mean, why add more debuffs when a Lord of Death card (i think that was it) is enough to make your shurikens insane. Right now I can debuff hard my enemies by spamming shurikens. At least remove Stun from it, since rocks already cause it.

And I would put that debuff "Distracted" in the sprinkle sand skill (so people use it as Ninjas), and since it is a thief skill make it so Backstab can be used in front of the enemy while that debuff is applied... no ideas for Assassins.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 29/11/2013, 00:58

Didn't know that they already applied on-hit debuffs - if so, change the on-hit effects from the shuriken skills to "refreshing any status effects on the target". Dec. Agi should stay, though.

I think that Sprinkle Sand could have it's own debuff: "Tricked - You cannot dodge the next Sonic Blow, Backstab or Kirikage you receive and those skills will have their damage increased by 30% the next time they would damage you. In addition, the next Backstab can be cast from any side."

Edit: Now that I think of it, it isn't an actual problem that Ninjas don't use Thief skills. It might actually be a better idea to make Assassins and Rogues have a wider skill use and be less auto-attacky.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 29/11/2013, 01:22

My principles say that classes should have decent uses for all skills they have, no exceptions.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 6/12/2013, 00:31

Double posting because it's been days since my last post.

Buffing Debuffs should be Buffs Too: Make it so Eske, Eska, Eswoo, Mind Breaker and Provoke can be used in ally targets too.

Spiritual Possession: Suggestion for changes in Soul Linker skills, doesn't consider the suggestion above:
Eska: Summons a sublime spirit to possess a Monster Target, freezing it in a Blade Grasp like status and giving it a shield that reflects all the damage that the monster receives in a 7x7 AoE against all the other monsters that are in such area, damage is divided between targets. Removes Eske and Eswoo effect.
Eske: Summons an aggressive spirit to possess a Monster Target, increasing the monster's size by one, turning it into an aggressive monster and forcing it to attack other monsters while the effect is active. Removes Eswoo and Eska effect.
Eswoo: Summons a coward spirit to possess a Monster Target, decreasing the monster's size by one, turning it into a passive monster, and forcing it to stop attacking whoever it was attacking when the skill was used. Removes Eske and Eska effect.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 6/12/2013, 21:22

Bold Titles Epidemic : I suggest bold titling suggestions be the forum standard for suggesting things.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 7/12/2013, 02:30

Agressive Preaching: Change Divine Protection to, when activated, make it so Heal is instantly casted in yourself when the button is pushed, and change Demon Bane to, when activated, turn Holy Light into a melee skill based on weapon's range, just like bash. This isn't supposed to remove the actual skill benefits, just to increase this little utility.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 18/12/2013, 18:54

how about archievements :O that would be awesome/crazy, imagine from the simplest to kill a poring to the legendary mvp killer, clasic mvp killer, explorer of the world...beast master... the possibilities are endless...which is inversely proportional to skot's time x.x

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 18/12/2013, 19:04

Sometimes I wonder if it's just better to make a new game.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 18/12/2013, 19:41

I'm sort of working on that.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 20/1/2014, 17:35

Beast Mastery: Make it so all passives that give a certain bonus against a specific race can be used as active skills that tame the monsters of the related race as a mercenary (just like merc scrolls), but without a time limit. (That's like Hunters being able to have endless mercenaries of Brute and Insect monsters, Sages of Dragons, Acolytes of Undead and Demons... etc).
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 20/1/2014, 20:57

Bestial Wrath : An ability given by some sort of item that allows you to cast Frenzy on your pet. Combos with The Beast Within - an item that does nothing, but which works like an MVP Seyren card when you have both!

...alright, back to WoW, I'm sorry.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum