MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Suggestion

+11
Rogem
serveriskill?
alloyc
to3phu
Fruit Pie~
Failure
Squishyyy
Vitriol
Skotlex
Lothar Axe
Loki
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

General Suggestion - Page 4 Empty Re: General Suggestion

Post by alloyc 10/10/2012, 22:40

skot currently needs to focus on his thingy, which means the servers wont be as well tended to for several months

suggestion -> skot should put sum1 up to tending to the current eAthena servers while skot is busy(the current running server would be the experimental one), skot is open to passing on maintenance duties to sum1 after rAthena is fully up, so passing the eAthena maintenance duties would be like a little training run o.o

alloyc

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 11/10/2012, 09:40

That's one way to look at it. I'd have to place the source code for the server somewhere online (a distributed system like subversion or git) to then enable others to have access to modifying it.

Though, considering that the server config files shouldn't be exposed to the public (due to things like the inter-server/mysql) perhaps only the src directory would be posted there, not the other directories.

Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 11/12/2013, 22:20

how about reducing the level of difficulty on guild dungeons? on your own it's already pretty hard, but with lvl 180 mobs its overkill or to be more specific it's a big "fuck you if you wanted those materials so bad" to be fair, you can farm the money over time but trying to farm the materials, is really hard, to be reasonable you could reduce the level to a fixed 150 or allow a way to trade mithril with gold or other stuff.

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 12/12/2013, 15:37

Hmm, the @diff command does not work on guild dungeons? I don't even remember how that used to work. When you use @diff to lower the level of monsters, their drop rates also suffer, so I think it should be okay to do that.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 12/12/2013, 16:41

i thought you disabled the @diff on guild dungeons D:

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 13/12/2013, 13:58

Hmm, for some reason monsters were defined to spawn at level 200 in those maps O_O; The stuck diff must have made them spawn at an average of 180. I changed it to 150 so it's not so bad.

Weird thing is I don't even remember making that decision to have them spawn at 200... O_o; Maybe it was back when monsters had a cap level of 150 (so they would be L150 regardless of player level/diff)?
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 13/12/2013, 14:00

i suggest an improve on the RSX-0806 Card, like reducing damage from knockback related skills about a 20%, for an mvp card feels lackluster only the knockback immunity and 3 vit Razz

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 13/12/2013, 18:27

I wonder if the knockback immunity stops CCS from knocking ninjas backwards...

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 14/12/2013, 14:51

Nope, knockback immunity applies when the source is different from the target.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem 14/12/2013, 18:21

Well, that's a shame. Would've been awesome otherwise.

Rogem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 16/12/2013, 00:13

I've been thinking, shouldn't we have Double Classing made official? And by that I mean costless and easier to do, like using a skill to do that. Like:

Basic Skill Lvl 10 returns you to the previous class, just like Lei the Professional does, but without a cost. You would still have to talk to her to change into different classes, and also for the first time you decide a second class. It could have a 10 second cast so people don't... you know, use that in the middle of the combat easily, and it should dispell you from everything, so you don't do neat things like buffing youself with the previous class, also to remove garbage buffs (like Taekwon buffs).

Also, I wish it kept the skill investment, and the dyes from before class changing, because everytime you return to the previous class it's a loooooooong time configuring shit, gladly we have @keys to make it faster, but you still have to fix the dyes and invest in all skills.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 16/12/2013, 14:20

Well, that'd be a lot of work.... and I do worry about the kind of abuse that could result, specially if you swap classes in the middle of a battle. hmm.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 16/12/2013, 16:20

Well, I can see people using Soul Links or Blessing/Agi Up on the entire party with one class, then changing back to another. But honestly, not only those buffs don't last THAT long, but they aren't worth the pain of waiting 20 seconds for each time you apply them... well, in the case of Blessing and Agi Up at least. If you are going to support people it's better to use HPs and SL all the time, since the first has badass buffs that must be used all the time (it's not worth changing to another class since those buffs don't last long), and Soul Linkers have an insane damage output, who would change to anything else? Also, links aren't overpowered. At least in those two cases I don't see a relevant abuse.

Other buffing class could be the Alchemists with Armor Protection, but... that doesn't make people more powerfull. Also, if we think about PVP or WoE, a 10 second cast in the middle of the combat would make the thing useless. People already use those things before PVP or WoE anyway, time enough to log in a second account and do that buffing. You could always have a character waiting somewhere just to do that to, wich honestly isn't that different from having a class change after 10 seconds (remembering it would be other 10 seconds to get back).

Probably the most relevant buffing would be the Sage Weapon Element Endow. You might not do it in yourself (considering there's a self-dispell effect on you), but when you do on others the thing lasts for 30 minutes. Again, since the time is so long, you could just have a character waiting in town to do that, easily, returning to town after a hunt each 30 minutes is rather common. If you don't find this relevant, then I do not see any kind of relevant abuse to worry with.

Edit: Just remembered about the Whitesmiths... well, these are kinda... a problem. But I think the longer the skill cast is, the less worth it is to abuse such a thing. If it's in a party, people will just use what they have cause they wanna move and play, waiting for buffs that stall the party for 20 seconds (or more) would be too much of a pain to be worth it, also, the way classes are in the server, you hardly will have a reason to depend on two classes from a single player. The thing is, even if it's possible to abuse a little, it still isn't worth it.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 18/12/2013, 03:25

how about dem mvp as pets >Razz.

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuzuki Silver 23/12/2013, 09:42

How doable is it to reclassify quivers/cartridges as ammo in the storage?
Tsuzuki Silver
Tsuzuki Silver

Male Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 23/12/2013, 13:42

how about apply dmr to actual negative stats? :O

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 25/12/2013, 03:40

meh
Vitriol
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuzuki Silver 26/12/2013, 00:24

Enable the skill 'Open Buying Store' to every character by default, regardless of class. Remove the requirement for a license. Make it so you can purchase anything with it, not just consumables/materials. Make @autotrade work with it, if it doesn't already.
Tsuzuki Silver
Tsuzuki Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 30/12/2013, 22:52

why the original abracadabra skills were disabled? thats exactly the reason to use abracadra in first place, for awesome random and unique spells!

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 31/12/2013, 06:18

Can we expand the current storage amount from 600 to 1200? I keep running out of space D:

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 31/12/2013, 06:28

[ I agree with increasing storage amount. ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu 3/1/2014, 00:49

To2fpic wrote:Can we expand the current storage amount from 600 to 1200? I keep running out of space D:
Could make your own guild and use that
to3phu
to3phu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuzuki Silver 3/1/2014, 20:29

So, I dropped this cool and ultra-rare sword the other day called the Alca Bringer. It's supposed to give a flat aspd increase equal to half its refine rate, which is ludicrously strong. Since Mou's aspd system is different, it's only adding (refine/2)% aspd, which is ludicrously weak and, honestly, laughable for a weapon with just one slot (which I think is a bug, as it is two-handed). I could as well get a Violet Fear, which has only 5 less atk, is a level higher, auto-casts Meteor Storm and Frost Nova, has that on-hit thing to ignore def for 5 seconds and has two more slots. Or, to put it another way, the Alca Bringer is as rare as it is useless. Buff pls.

For reference, the Book of the Dead adds (refine)% aspd, has 3 slots and some other bonuses at the expense of greatly reducing your luk. It also has half as much atk, but is one-handed to make up for it.

On a completely unrelated topic, make Sight Blaster a toggle-able skill, with no time or hit limit, that costs sp per trigger.
Tsuzuki Silver
Tsuzuki Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 4/1/2014, 00:55

besides the fact that you cannot equip it, because its mean for rune knight...3rd classes will come? will this server be ever changed into Rathena? only time will tell...

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuzuki Silver 4/1/2014, 05:11

I can equip it. Not all 3rd job gears are bugged to only be equippable by 3rd jobs; in fact, most of them work properly.
Tsuzuki Silver
Tsuzuki Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 5/1/2014, 10:40

something that really has dissapointed me in regular ragnarok are all equipment that give your negative stats... sometimes is ok because it has some bonus to compensate but sometimes, really like grimtooth and masamune its just pointless, i'd be amazing if these negative stats could be applied to enemies too! (talking about weapons to be specific) for eg the masamune reduces your armor, so does the enemy or the same for the grimtooth (i always wanted to dual wield them, if they werent so ridiculous lousy for your survival) or some kind of "skot treatment" which id find pretty fair and balanced.

PS: well remembering, back then those were and are the strongest weapons in game (high base damage) but with that negative stat its really hard and sometimes literally suicidal to use them if your character is already focused on dps enough.

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 5/1/2014, 18:00

I think you should allow for all weapons to be refinable... Reason is some of the rare god items actually suck when you compare lesser items that can be refined.

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuzuki Silver 5/1/2014, 19:27

All gears are already refinable, unless something was added that for some reason is unrefinable, which would be a bug considering how everything else is refinable.
Tsuzuki Silver
Tsuzuki Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum