MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

+10
RiketzKarlom
to3phu
Crazy Toni
Failure
Fruit Pie~
Vitriol
Lothar Axe
Loki
Skotlex
alloyc
14 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc... - Page 9 Empty Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Bard 12/5/2013, 14:39

RO2 is a bad joke, it isn't Ragnarok at all. Several features and names seems to be based on RO, we see monks using 'Guillhotine Fist' and whatnot, but once you pick up information on your spells and see things like 'Threat', 'Combo Points' and even some 'Shield Wall' style spells you know you're playing a poor attempt at WoW.

Bard

Back to top Go down

Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc... - Page 9 Empty Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Fruit Pie~ 12/5/2013, 15:07

It's a surprisingly solid take on WoW, though. You can easily "fix" RO2 by just making it move twice as fast and cutting the cooldowns a bit.

EDIT : What I'm getting at here is MouRO2. Yes? No?

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 12/5/2013, 16:54

MouRO2? It wont fix RO2 if it keeps the "Let's not add/modify content" rule. We will need 3D designers to fix those lame outfits, skill animations and movement animations from playable characters, for example.

Lothar Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 12/5/2013, 23:41

Oh come on, the animations are so cool! ._. They're even different based on your character class, just like in RO 1!

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 12/5/2013, 23:50

Fruit Pie~ wrote:Oh come on, the animations are so cool! ._. They're even different based on your character class, just like in RO 1!

... werent they the same for everyone, like walking and standing?
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 13/5/2013, 10:44

Not in either game! o/

Which I thought was a pretty nice touch in RO2. You don't see many aesthetic differences between players anymore these days - not other than cloth colors, anyway.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 13/5/2013, 16:05

[ I guess mouRO2 would be cool, but I don't know ]
[ For me, RO2 turned into a almost random game with stuff that looks [only visually] like RO1 and skills/stuff with the same name as RO1 but waaaay different in whatever else. ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 15/5/2013, 02:11

skot, they are trolling you again.

Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc... - Page 9 Tumblr_mk2k1nGlMj1ridxxlo1_250

they want you spend years creating a server which they will play for a max of two months before they abandon it.

it should be obvious to you now: i'm the only friend you have here.

Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc... - Page 9 Tumblr_mk6n5ayfmX1r10pkdo3_250
Vitriol
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by Bard 15/5/2013, 07:10

A server based on parties with nobody to party is basically impossible to play.

The whole thing about MMORPGs is about partying, but MouRO relies even more on it, you can solo on other servers and get away well with it (especially if you slave a lot with sage/sl/priest/kihop slaves), on MouRO you just have no way of doing that.

I still remember when we had 40+ players (or were those including the vendors? I dunno, it's been a while), mvp invasions on alberta and prontera, fun as fuck, same with raiding thanatos tower. Playing the same but alone is much less interesting.
Bard
Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 15/5/2013, 21:43

It's definitely less interesting, but far from undoable. You just need to build your character around being the tankiest motherfucker alive.

Even with 20 or so it was pretty fun. I don't think we ever got to the top of Thanatos. ._.

Fruit Pie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 15/5/2013, 22:20

Yeah, go for insane regen, though it's better with classes that have regen passives, and get a pet, you feel less lonely that way.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Evaunit 14/6/2013, 04:46

I play semi daily and the most people I've seen on is around 5-6. It's more of "this game never gets updated and everyone who wanted to play either burnt out already long time ago, doesn't care, or left."

Yeah, server is usually dead, but it's not like people can't get on. It feels like people here don't feel like it and that's a shame imo. RO has just gotten old and people moved on, I guess.
Evaunit
Evaunit

Male Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 14/6/2013, 09:46

[ I can get on, but I'm kinda of lazy to play, so yeah. ]
[ I haven't really felt like playing anything recently though ]
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 20/6/2013, 16:40

Meh. Balancing is difficult. There are things in the server that were supposed to make solo playing possible. Things like @diff should allow a single player to survive in some areas, and the dynamic increase of monster amounts with the number of players on a map was supposed to help avoid both extremes of single players getting swarmed, and large groups being underwhelmed.

Unfortunately, balancing is hard. And there were some pretty vocal people who were demi-gods with their own character who complained about how easy it is to solo :B'

You can't please everybody, or anybody actually, without more experience on these things. Good intentions fall short on practice because of these things.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum