MouRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I believe it is time to close the server.

+14
To2fpic
Captain Superb
bombxhead
Failure
Loki
Thror
bulgogi
Jammyhammy
Lothar Axe
jellopy
Fruit Pie~
Vitriol
TemporaryUser
Skotlex
18 posters

MouRO :: News

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I believe it is time to close the server. - Page 2 Empty Re: I believe it is time to close the server.

Post by jellopy 16/5/2014, 21:42

Awesome. Thank you again for doing this for us!!

jellopy

Back to top Go down

I believe it is time to close the server. - Page 2 Empty Re: I believe it is time to close the server.

Post by Thror 21/5/2014, 04:20

(In case you missed my post in Introductions, this is Macros speaking here.)

Pretty sad about all this. Many good times were had on MouRO. I actually celebrated like two birthdays on the server, with MouRO folks. Heck, one of my first dreamy childish ridiculous long range relationships was with a girl I met on MouRO (cut me some slack, that was back in 2006 when I was 16). On the other hand, all the comments on Ragnarok's outdateness are absolutely true. 

So many flashbacks right now. I feel like writing up a list of stuff I have experienced on MouRO.

Either way Skotlex, I would sincerely like to thank you for all the great experiences I had here. You are a great man, and I admire how long you have kept this running.

edit: (By the way, I have just found out that there is a MouRO wiki, and it has like two pages that actually have something written in them... the intro page, and the page about me. I find that hilarious.)

Thror

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 22/5/2014, 18:50

Well, one has to move on into the future, clinging to the past prevents us from doing that. All things must come to an end when their time is due. Perhaps RO was just outliving itself a bit too much here.

At least I am glad that there are pretty good games out there, perhaps not in the exact same vein, but it may only be a matter of time before something as good comes along. And as such, it isn't really a loss.

Also, memories. Yesterday I bumped into an old classmate from high-school, mentioned they had a WhatsApp group for all the people from my year/class... and I am like "why is there a need to keep in touch with people from over ten years ago? o_O" *shrugs* I am not sure I get it. Razz

Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 23/5/2014, 15:46

Thror wrote:You are a great man

Fruit Pie~ wrote:You're a goddamn idiot, you know that?

I'm gonna have to agree with fruit here  Laughing
Vitriol
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki 1/6/2014, 12:54

Wow. Wish I checked in sooner. I was cleaning up my computer which led me to some of my MouRO files and decided to visit the forums. Inevitable but still sad.

I remember staying up until 4am (timezone sucks) just for the town raids, heck I even dozed off. Thank you Skot for the server, some of my best RO moments were made here.

So long, Mou.
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 7/6/2014, 19:32

Nobody cares about your opinion, Vitriol :>

Just checking by to see if I missed anything. Apparently, I didn't. Razz
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 14/6/2014, 22:50

That is okay, I was just agreeing with Fruit's opinion.
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Pie~ 17/6/2014, 18:54

But nobody cares about my opinion, either.

On a related note, your approval disgusts me.

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 18/6/2014, 23:55

He cared enough about your opinion to BAN YOU!
buahahahahahahahahahaha that was hilarious. skot is pretty good at trolling after all.
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 21/6/2014, 03:35

well, it was fun while it lasted guys. here is my parting gift to you all; may we meet again someday.

(i've outdone you, hydro)

Last edited by Skotlex on 25/6/2014, 15:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Farewell, Vitriol)
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Failure 21/6/2014, 22:15

I believe it is time to close the server. - Page 2 IUd6dca

It's... it's dead.

Failure

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 22/6/2014, 07:13

ITS ALIVE!
real footage of it being BORN!

Last edited by Skotlex on 8/7/2014, 04:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I thought I had already edited this comment. Damn Vitriol, even while banned you keep being an annoyance ~_~)
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 23/6/2014, 08:04

[ Yes it is, Failure. ]

Edit - ....huh.
Well, it's pretty sad that the axe fell. Though I'm pretty late to be saying that I guess; 2 months...?
I really enjoyed the game, even though I didn't play a lot. T'was awesome while it lasted, Skot. 
So thanks for your hard work in creating and updating MouRO. Then again, well, I guess you aren't reading this by now...
bombxhead
bombxhead

Male Posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 24/6/2014, 23:26

if anybody plans on remaking the server, do let me know! i know you would all love to have me around to liven up the forums

Last edited by Skotlex on 14/7/2014, 14:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You seriously don't know how to take a hint.)
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 25/6/2014, 15:28

Sigh, to the very end Vitriol insists in being an annoyance.
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Superb 1/7/2014, 14:38

Well, this was inevitable.

This was the best RO server I ever played on in terms of mechanics, that's for sure. It just was never the same after the last time I was really around and a Yoshi was flying on every castle flagpole.

I'd like to ask: does the server thing you posted there have the 'homuculus can't attack' bug mentioned in the main page? If it does, could you provide an older, stable backup? i did mention some ages ago I'd like to take a crack at running a custom Mou: won't be any time soon as I'm busy with other stuff but eventually I'd like to at least tinker around with it.

Thanks for all the memories.

Captain Superb

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex 8/7/2014, 04:57

Gah, I had forgotten about that bug! It is still there, and it's something related to the code, Superb.

I never actually figured it out despite studying the packets sent/received by the client D: it was frustrating, because eA Trunk DOES work. And it's really annoying because the problem is.. the CLIENT is not sending any attack packets. So, somehow, the client thinks the map is... not a pve map?

Sigh, damn, it sucks that the code is in that state :s
Skotlex
Skotlex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Superb 8/7/2014, 12:36

Well, if you have an older backup, or can fix that bug, that would be wonderful, else I'll just take potshots at it until I make an hackjob of a fix.

Captain Superb

Back to top Go down

Post by To2fpic 10/7/2014, 08:48

Skot, I also would like to sincerely thank you for you great work. I think mouro is seriously the best version I've ever come across. I hope your efforts with mouro will grant you beautiful karma for the rest of your life Very Happy

Creatorboy

To2fpic

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? 5/8/2014, 19:00

A truly masterpiece, one in a lifetime experience, if you are so good in doing this as a hobby, i can only expect you excel in everything else in life, farewell to this amazing server and the genius behind it, also the random shenanigans of the users. the very best experience that ro can offer, au revoir!

PS: I really loved playing your server, if you think starting something on other mmorpg or anything let me know! you are amazing and you should feel that way.

serveriskill?

Back to top Go down

Post by TouShi 31/8/2014, 02:17

Damn, and here I was thinking I could relieve my RO nostalgias of being a stupid cunt and making Skotlex'es life hard.

If any of you saucy bastards are still around and remember me, you guys should check out  Tree of Saviour - it's currently in the works, a spiritual successor to RO, fuck RO2.

TouShi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol 22/9/2014, 19:55

TouShi wrote:Damn, and here I was thinking I could relieve my RO nostalgias of being a stupid cunt and making Skotlex'es life hard.
 you lost that race  Laughing
Vitriol
Vitriol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rydier 8/2/2015, 16:51

I guess this was the most memorable RO server i ever played and i had great fun when i did play it.

Thank you Skotlex and R.I.P MouRO.
Rydier
Rydier

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Hochsin 21/11/2015, 14:05

Let me be the last Smile

Thanks for everything Skot and all of you guys, well the normal ones. 

See you on Tree of Savior ToPhu?

Hochsin

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 30/5/2016, 19:06

I shan't let you be the last.
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe 6/6/2016, 23:38

Tree of Savior sucks, just saying.
Lothar Axe
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by bombxhead 6/8/2016, 01:48

Well, I found it to be sort of kinda ok. It is kind of.... not what I expected it to be, I guess.
bombxhead
bombxhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2